Devotional Beatitudes- Matt 5:3-10
PRAYER FROM THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS
Jesus says that payback is coming. Each godly BE-Attitude quality is accompanied by an eternal divine promise. - Matthew 5:3-10
READ EACH & PRAY after each. For the body of Christ, for family & friends and/or yourself as led.
Express a prayer guided by and words of of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
(Poor in spirit = humble. Recognizing their spiritual need and finding it supplied in the Lord. See also Revelations 3:17)
- Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.
(In this world and season someone somewhere is always in mourning for something. Remember such for a moment in this prayer. See also 2 Corinthians 1:3-5)
- Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.
(Father we know that your word states you resist the proud and give grace to the humble.
- Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
- Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.
- Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10